The Giants are going to the World Series.
There is no sweeter sentence in the English Language at this point in time. A team that the east coast media love to call a group of castoffs, and misfits have defeated the two-time defending National League Champion Phillies and have advanced to the World Series.
If you didn't believe this team was a team of destiny (torture) before, then I don't know what will convince you. Here's some stuff to remind you:
- We were down 2-0, and came back to tie 2-2.
- Sanchez gets in a schoolyard shouting match with Chase Utely and gets taken out of the game in the 3rd inning with 2 guys on base.
- The bullpen consisted of Affeldt, Bumgarner, Lopez, Lincecum and Wilson, and they combined to allow 0 Runs.
- Juan Uribe hit his only opposite field home run of the entire season and put the Giants up 3-2.
- Of the 7 games the Giants won to get to this point, they won 6 of them by only 1 run.
- We clinched the playoffs in game 162 against the Padres
I've said it before and I'll say it again. This team has been destined for greatness. The way this team has come together at the end of the season and has been playing their best baseball, nothing surprises me anymore.
Check tomorrow as I'll preview the series, but for now I'm still enjoying this...
Laws of the Day
2010 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS